Tuesday, April 12, 2011

You're Fired

I had to participate in my first firing today. The guy totally deserved it (he missed almost 100 hours of work since he started less than 3 months ago) but my bleeding heart still feels terrible about it. He was a nice, polite guy, but he just couldn't seem to make it to work. Luckily, all I had to do was "advise" and fill out the termination paperwork. I had already made sure the supervisor had followed "progressive discipline" so all of our ducks were in a r

ow. I really don't think I could actually do the deed if I had too. I am such a wimp.

On a happier note...we are actually getting a tax refund! Totally unexpected. Upon hearing the news I immediately started planning a vacation like a crack addict looking for a fix. We book a family cabin in Eureka Springs over Memorial Day weekend! Woo-Hoo!

1 comment:

  1. Vacation planning is definitely your crack. :) But god, it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete