Friday, April 2, 2010

Recipe: Koren Ribs (made in the crockpot) EASY and YUMMY!

I just wanted to share this recipe that I made for dinner last night.  It comes from Stephanie O'Dea's cookbook, Make It Fast, Cook It Slow (I checked it out from the library).  The recipe is SUPER easy and YUMMY.  I hope you enjoy:

Koren Ribs:

Package of beef or pork short ribs (I have used both)
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1 cup brown sugar
5 whole jalapeno peppers

This time I defrosted the ribs in the refrigerator overnight (but I don't always - sometimes I just throw them in the crock pot frozen).  Top with all ingredients.  Turn crock pot on low and cook all day.  Could it be easier?? 

I think that CJ probably turned them a few times because he finds it physically impossible not to mess with the food that I am cooking.  It is probably best that he turned them, as I would be been too lazy. 

Also, the first time 5 jalapenos made the ribs just the right amount of spicy, but last night they weren't quite spicy enough.  I might add a few more when I make these again.  It is so hard to tell how hot the peppers are going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment