Saturday, April 3, 2010

Potty Training - Let The Fun Begin

E has started telling us when she is going potty. All excited I brought out the potty seat with steps that she got for Christmas (Hey - will I ever get away with a more practical gift again? At least it wasn't from Santa). She was so excited to try it, but her short little legs couldn't quite reach the top step and she felt insecure. All further requests from me to sit on the potty seat were met with screeching. I was really hoping to avoid a potty chair. The cleaning it out part. Ew.  All of you mothers who have potty trained feel free to laugh at me now.

Anyway, she was still showing interest in the potty, just not the BIG one, so I figured we had better get a potty before we missed the window. The other night I made a big production of taking her to the store to pick out her very own potty. She picked a cute foggie potty that actually matches the theme of her bathroom!  She has sat on it a few times sans diaper but still no piddle in the potty. She is actually more interested in washing her hands.

So here is the plan based on my sister-in-law's advice (she has managed to potty train 3 kids so in my option, she is an expert): Since the weather has finally decided to be nice I am going to pick a warm afternoon, load E up on Sprite (she will think she won the lottery), and let her play out back naked. This way she can learn the sensation of pottying and how to control it. Fingers crossed.

Anyone else have any tips? Feel free to leave them in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment